Friday, March 6, 2009

It oooonly takes a spaaarrrk to get a fire going...

To anyone who went to Bible Camp or VBS, that was your earworm for the day. :-)

My articulate cyber-friend Shalom has bestowed a kindness on me, and it's now my pleasure to pass it on (as in the song). Here are the rules:

List 7 things that you love and then pass the award on to 7 people...tagging them and letting them know they won! You can copy the picture of the award and put it on your sidebar letting the whole wide world know you are KReATIV!

Seven Things I Love


1. the sound the pups make when they wake up in the morning, and the way they're excited about nearly everything

2. really well-crafted lyrics

3. friendships measured in decades

4. the moment when I say a perfectly abstract thing to one of my choirs and it makes enough sense to them that they SING the essence of the thing I was trying to say

5. unexpected kindnesses, of which I have received a bunch lately

6. getting to preach (which is fun on several levels), or getting to hear a really good sermon

7. the hearts of those who suffer when justice is absent...especially when the offense isn't against them personally


Now, to share--some old friends, some new!

1. MomPriest at Seeking Authentic Voice--it's an oasis: calm, thoughtful, deeply kind.

2. Diane at Coexist--lots of original poetry and meditative thought. Got a Minnesotan's love for this one, personally.

3. Christine at Abbey of the Arts--gorgeous, all around. Photography, poetry, and I particularly loved the wisdom in this post.

4. Catrina at The Mad Preacher Liberation Front--insightful, articulate, and sometimes hilariously titled posts (i.e. The Audacity of Nope).

5. Rachel at The Sweet Bi and Bi--visually restful, astutely observed, well connected with resources, sweet and funny. Try this post for a new take on diversity in the church.

6. Mary at Tensegrities--she's interested in lots of things that appeal to a quirky church geek like me, and she writes well and links to fascinating stuff.

7. I've recognized Ruth of Ruth's Visions and Revisions before--still think she's wonderful, but today's shout-out goes to her co-blogger, Smokey. His Dog Parables (right sidebar, scroll down) are really something special!

7 comments:

Rachel said...

You are so very dear and kind. And I'll happily take you up on this -- after today passes. Adore you.

Diane Vogel Ferri said...

Thank you so much for your kind words and encouragment! I appreciate it more than you can imagine. Sometimes I wonder if anyone is out there reading ! I can relate so well to your love of a well-crafted lyric. I am a singer, but not a songwriter and sometimes I am just blown away by the lyrics and their marriage to the music. All the artists I love are due to their lyrics more than the music most times.

Anonymous said...

Thank you! So lovely to read your words here and I will be delighted to spread the cheer.

Terri said...

Thank you!!

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

Smokey thanks you kindly. It's his first blogging award.

Diane M. Roth said...

good choices...

Jan said...

Good choices! And the thought of friendships measured in decades is certainly precious.