1. Getting ready for summer, do you use the gradual tanning moisturizers, or are you happy to show your winter skin to the world?
I live in Minnesota. It's an identifying marker of Minnesotans of Scandinavian extraction to wear sunglasses in the early warm weather. This is not because of the sun, but in order to avoid being blinded by our pale skin as it sees the light of day for the first time in nine months. :-)
2. Beach, mountains or chilling by the pool, what/where is your favorite getaway?
Well, I'm always glad to spend time on the Choral Reef (ha ha ha). Again, a Minnesotan answer: Up Nort. Any lake will do, as long as the fuel has leaked out of all the JetSkis. (see answer 4)
3. Are you a summer lover or does the long break become wearing?
Yep. I love the slower pace, but sure will be missing my choirs in a couple of weeks! By the end of August, I'll have the choral equivalent of the DTs.
4. Active holidays; hiking swimming sailing, or lazy days?
Hammock. Book. Sssshhhhhhh.
5. Now to the important subject of food, if you are abroad do you try the local cuisine, or do you prefer to play it safe?
Depends on where I am. I'll try to find out what the area is famous for, and give that a try...unless it's...oh, say, braised octopus or chocolate-covered cockroaches or deep-fried pitcher plants with rum-raisin dipping sauce.