Today's challenge: name five places that fall into the following categories:
1) Favorite Destination -- someplace you've visited once or often and would gladly go again
The hammock at S&J's cabin in WI, to hear the lapping of the waves and watch the birds as I drink iced tea and read an absorbing book, or cuddle with Beloved. We were there on our honeymoon.
2) Unfavorite Destination -- someplace you wish you had never been (and why)
While on a National Lutheran Choir tour some years ago, we stayed at a truly dreadful, roach-infested motel in South Carolina...don't need to go there again (though I'm sure it's not representative of the whole state).
3) Fantasy Destination -- someplace to visit if cost and/or time did not matter
How many picks do I get?
- hey, after yesterday--maybe San Francisco, to get LEGALLY married!
- find my relatives in Norway & see the fjords
- hike and eat my way through Tuscany...actually, through most of Europe. :-)
- seeing the Cathedral at Chartres, as well as some of European choral festivals and opera houses would be nice
- two cruises: one to Alaska (before the glaciers melt) and one to the Greek isles (including Lesbos, despite the fact that several of its residents are trying to belatedly reclaim the word "lesbian" as their own; pretty sure that horse has already left the barn)
- I would SO love to have access to a Holodeck, like they did in Star Trek TNG!!
- Hogwarts wouldn't be bad, either; I'd like to have a cuppa with Minerva and shake Harry, Ron & Hermione's hands.
Well, I have a couple of vacation photos of me, Beloved, M and B at street signs for "Dyke Avenue" and "Dyke Street" (in different towns). (see also: Lesbos)