We will be at a chaplain's convention when you all are answering the Friday Five Questions. I'll look forward to reading your answers next week when I get home. At the moment we are trying to get the car loaded so we can hit the road, so this will be a simple F.F. This running around madly in order to leave has me wondering: what are the five things you simply must have when you are away from home? And why? Any history or goofy things, or stories?
- If I don't have an extra-large, fountain diet Coke with ice within 2 miles of leaving my driveway, I get very Veruca Salt about it ("Daddy, I want an oompa loompa, and I want one NOW!!!"). Don't test me on this. In most other ways, I'm a reasonable traveling companion--I think. :-)
- Copies of Beloved's and my medical power-of-attorney. 'Cause we're married, but we're not married. And if anything terrible happened, I'm thinking her family would be fighting me about any decisions I tried to make on her behalf. So we've got the paperwork, and it comes along wherever we go, in case my least rational fear is not groundless (click here and scroll down to #89, just under the penguins). Looking forward to not having to worry about this someday.
- Books. Must have books. Beats the DTs.
- Traveling music for the car's CD player, please...either some playlists we've made from iTunes (in which Beloved and I will enthusiastically sing several different voice parts, to the annoyance of the pups) or an audiobook with a well-told story; the Harry Potters are excellent for long trips!
- Comfy jeans, t-shirts, my oldest Birkenstocks and my favorite hat. I'm on vacation. Mmmmmmmmmm...