Songbird of the RevGals writes:
Tell us about the five favorite places you have lived in your lifetime. What did you like? What kind of place was it? Anything special happen there?
1. My family home as a child--for all the usual reasons: fireflies in the back yard by the lilac bushes, Christmas trees in the living room, the mysteries of my parents' bedroom dresser closet (what the heck is a cuff link for?), my bedroom covered with Tiger Beat posters of Charlie's Angels, Shaun Cassidy, John Travolta, the Captain & Tennille...not an inch of wall space available, really. :-)
2. My sophomore dorm room--my sanctuary. I absolutely loved having my own space!
3. My first apartment--above an electronics store, with a leaky roof and wallpaper that wouldn't stay up. Absolute crap, in retrospect, but it felt FANTASTIC at the time.
4. My seminary dorm room--again, a sanctuary, as well as a tangible sign of the new direction in my life. Simple, in sort of a monastic way. However, living in a dorm with all those other people at thirty...ummm, no. :-)
5. Our home now--the best of all. We dreamed of it for years, and it's better than I could have imagined. Often full of friends...best of all now that it's full of puppies. We had a house blessing when we moved in, led by dear friend B. Showers of blessing, really. Every year, it's more our little place in the world.