Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Heartbeat

Beloved and I saw these extraordinary musicians on Sunday night. Click the link, play the video and TURN IT UP.

It's been awhile since I've felt like my very heartbeat was altered by a musical experience (usually I keep things at a sensible, "protect my hearing," "don't irritate the neighbors" level). Coincidentally, one translation of the group's name is "heartbeat."

Brilliantly revealing of Japanese culture. Joyous. Arresting. Adjectives fail.

SEE THEM if you get an opportunity!

2 comments:

Fran said...

Wow - that sounds amazing! Both your words AND the video link.

Thanks for sharing... I have not seen anything live in a long time and that seems really worth it.

Diane M. Roth said...

wow. wish we could have been there. my husband loves Japanese drumming!!!