Songbird of the RevGals has offered this Friday Five:
It's Friday afternoon, Eastern Time, and this is your faithful Songbird with a calendar-related Friday Five. Due to some confusion with our dates, I'm stepping in today, although I am usually here only on the 5th Friday, when there is such a thing.
Here are five things to ponder about dates. I hope you'll play!
1) Datebooks--how do you keep track of your appointments? Electronically? On paper? Month at a glance? Week at a glance?
I've got a caramel-colored, leather-bound, week-at-a-glance planner that goes in and out with me. I tried a Palm for a while, but I like leather, paper and pen...and the ability to zip other stuff into it, like love letters from Beloved and pictures of godchildren.
2) When was the last time you forgot an important date?
When I don't have my planner with me, I tend to double-book myself, which I just hate. I feel like such a shmo calling the later-planned event person and saying "oops." I'd much rather keep my commitments.
3) When was the last time you went OUT on a date?
Beloved and I went to see Mamma Mia! last Friday at our neighborhood cinema, which has been in operation for 78 years and was recently restored. They have organists come in to play their Wurlitzer theater organ on Friday and Saturday nights--great fun!
BTW, is there anything Meryl Streep CAN'T do?
4) Name one accessory or item of clothing you love even though it is dated.
Well, my Birkenstocks are sort of 1978, but I can't live without 'em!
5) Dates--the fruit--can't live with 'em? Or can't live without 'em?
Love them--especially in this particular cookie that Beloved makes. Sort of an oatmeal/craisin/pecan/date jumble, adapted from that Fount of All Yummy Knowledge, a "church basement lady" cookbook. Mmmmmmmmmm.
Now I'm hungry.