1) Choose five other bloggers that you feel are “Kick Ass Bloggers”
2) Let them know that they have received an award.
3) Link back to both the person who awarded you and also to http://www.mammadawg.com/
4) Visit the Kick Ass Blogger Club HQ to sign Mr. Linky and leave a comment.
And here are my five picks (among many I could name...the "honorable mention" list is long!):
1) Have to second Diane's inclination to honor Fran at FranIAm. She's fiery, funny, lefty, Jesusy and kind. Part of my daily fix.
2) I've recently become a fan of Wendy's at both I Are a Writer and I Are Writing Sermons. Seriously funny. Seriously insightful. Refreshingly honest.
3) My friend Mags at Magdalene's Musings. How can you not want to read someone whose self-description reads "a liberal Calvinista whose heart is strangely warmed, and whose affinity for a much maligned biblical figure is sort of an obsession?" She had me at hello, and lived up to her description when I met her.
4) LutheranChik was one of the first people I ever read on a regular basis. We share a potpourri of affinities, and she makes me laugh (in a slightly repressed, Lutheran way, of course). "Here I blog. I can do no other, God help me." This is most certainly good stuff.
5) Recently, I've been lurking at A Soprano Steps Out. Jessica offers a glimpse of the not-always-so-glamorous world of a young opera singer. Tales of dance class, of blocking rehearsals, of the repertoire of a "young lyric" and of nightmare (familar!) musical situations will pretty universally make you laugh and feel like part of the action. A glimpse into a different track my life could have taken (if I had more vocal talent, less choir geekiness and a more disciplined approach to practice!). Lots of fun!
And now, back to our previously scheduled Olympics viewing...