Share with us five transformations that the coming fall will bring your way.
1. Rehearsals! Yea! I'm happiest when I'm standing in front of or inside of a choir, and the rehearsal season will start up again. I'm excited about the music that each of my groups will do, I miss my musicians, and I can't wait to get back to it!
2. Beloved's brief summer break (she's an Early Childhood Speech Pathologist with the public schools, but works summer school) will be over, and the flow of house projects underway will slow substantially.
3. Linus & Lucy (see sidebar for photos) should be pretty close to finished with their major "puppy" growth, but we anticipate two mouthfuls of new teeth and some serious training. It's really fun to watch them grow and learn. (And, BTW, that "sleeping in the big bed" thing is so sweet...)
4. My day job is at the U of M, and the campus will fill up with students. This means more energy and activity, and that the chance of being mowed down on the sidewalk by a random bicyclist or skateboarder increases by about 70 times.
5. It's my favorite season. Crispness in the air, long sleeves, socks, open windows (as opposed to air conditioning), the return of the seasonal Honeycrisp apple (developed here at the U of M, just the right combination of sweet/tart/crunchy), the new season of Grey's Anatomy. For some people, the year begins in January; for me, it's September. Freshness!
Bonus: Give us your favorite activity that is made possible by the arrival of fall.
I love to hike in the woods as the leaves change color, and don't make nearly enough time to do it! This is the year. Really.
* And thank you to Peter Brady for this bit of wisdom...