For some reason, Blogger declared this blog possible SPAM and locked us down yesterday. This morning, we're free to post again, but there was a fair amount of excitement last night among our contributors, who found a dire notice on their Blogger dashboards threatening that this blog might be deleted in 20 days!
We requested a blog review, and I posted a request at the Blogger Help group, where I found we were not alone. Many other perfectly nourishing and cromulent blogs got the same notice last night.
This turned out to be a very small barricade in our blogging community life, but it seemed appropriate to explore locks and blocks and other barriers this week. Also, I liked the picture of the security team above! Could they be Blogger's Spam Prevention Robots, working overtime?
In honor of their efforts, I bring you the "Lock Me Out, Lock Me In" Friday Five.
1) How do you amuse yourself when road construction blocks your travel?
Sipping on my giant diet Coke, I listen to an audiobook, or play a word game of our own devising with Beloved (if she's along for the ride), and look on with sympathetic amusement as the drivers around me melt down.
Assuming I'm not in a hurry.
If I'm late for something, there's swearing. Lots of swearing. And the drivers nearby look on withsympathetic amusement as I melt down.
2) Have you ever locked yourself out of your house? (And do you keep an extra key somewhere, just in case?)
Nope (though now that I've said it...), but Beloved did. And I was out of town. No extra key, either!
3) Have you ever cleared a hurdle? (And if you haven't flown over a material hurdle, feel free to take this one metaphorically.)
Wow--where to begin? Nope, I'm not a track star, but LOTS of metaphorical experience here. Coming out was a big one (especially since I was in seminary at the time), and a midstream career change was another. Have lost about 20 pounds; hope to lose more! That's the current one. (Envisioning a giant block of chocolate standing in my way...)
4) What's your approach to a mental block?
Sort of birdlike, actually. I'll bonk my head on it pretty hard, once or twice. Then I'll back away and try from another angle. Sometimes talking to someone helps, or just doing something goofy and utterly unrelated to the task at hand!
5) Suggest a caption for the picture above; there will be a prize for the funniest answer!
- The Village People Present: Hands Across America!
- 2025: the post-federal-deficit Secret Service
- Re-choreographing The Safety Dance
- We will assimilate you. Resistance is futile.
- The last thing Harry said to Ron and Hermione was, "Does this polyjuice potion taste funny to you?"