Monday, September 15, 2008

The antidote

...to too much political thinking is to snicker, chortle and chuckle at people's efforts not to take themselves too seriously:

My people. (And here.)

The chosen people. (Here, too!)

Some combination thereof. Use the "search inside" feature. Read a couple of pages. You'll be hooked, and this book does NOT disappoint, all the way to the end. Gut-bustingly funny, well-researched, insightful and poignant. I dare you to count all the Biblical and cultural references that are subtly (and hilariously) "explained" within its covers.

On the other hand, these good folks are taking themselves a bit seriously.

There now, don't you feel better?

P.S. Just got this from a friend. Apparently, I'm the only person in the States who didn't see this on Saturday, but OMG, it's funny!

1 comment:

Fran said...

OH MY!!!!!

You have no idea how much I needed this... no idea.

My Jewish cousins have the plush plagues. Tee hee!!!