Monday, September 15, 2008

Media round-up: election edition

It's been an interesting morning in the "papers." The debacle on Wall Street, the hurricane in Texas and the train crash in California--well, prayers underway for all of those situations, all sad and scary. Today, the interesting thread (the only one in which I really have a voice, small as it is) seems to be the election!

Thomas Friedman's onto something here, I think.

My, what a harrowing idea Dahlia Lithwick's had.

And I'd like to give a shout-out to Fareed Zakaria for pointing out the striking difference between McCain's perspective on the world and Obama's.

And, for good measure: Life imitates art.

Peace, friends.

4 comments:

Fran said...

Wow... a lot to think about with these links.

Thanks.

Catrina Ciccone said...

Re: Zakaria's piece in particular

Whaddyaknow - being a "non-anxious presence" is a desirable leadership quality not only in church, but in politics as well!

Choralgrrl said...

Thanks, C--my first real belly laugh of the day!

Diane M. Roth said...

great stuff! I need to make you a more-than-daily stop! Thanks!