Monday, September 15, 2008

Non-anxious presence

A comment from the Mad Preacher about the last post sort of clarified something for me. She alluded to someone we both used to report to, who used the phrase "non-anxious presence" as a mantra, but was leagues off from even a wrong-end-of-the-telescope view of that state of leadership. Well, it made me chuckle--not just at the former supervisor, but at myself.

'Cause I'm not one, right now, in a couple of the leadership capacities in which I serve.

I've seen "Unbloggable" as a post title in several other blogs I read regularly, usually describing a period in which the writing either a) won't quite come, or b) presents itself, but boundary issues prevent blogging it. I'm having an "Unbloggable" time right now. I know it's been a while since I offered a substantive post, and please know that I'll be back to it when I can. Just got a bit of sifting to do first; I'm walking through sort of a sandstorm.

In the manner of the "please stay on the line; your call is important to us" messages we get while we're on hold, here's some loveliness for you and me to listen to as we wait. :-) Peace, friends.


2 comments:

Diane Vogel Ferri said...

Funny thing - i just kind of made the same plea on my blog - life just getting in the way. Ahhh, thanks for the Bach. Of all my readers, I thought you would be the one to understand my Music:Libera Me poem.

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

Things like that can't be forced. In the meantime, I like keeping in touch in lighter ways too.

(P.S. I think we got the darn internet service fixed. We'll know if it holds for 23 hours.)