Monday, September 8, 2008

Ordinary miracles

It's Monday morning, and I'm mellow and happy. I had an actual Sabbath yesterday (after a wild-but-good, musicky Rally/Welcome Sunday) at church.

42 years old, and I may just have figured out that I need a day or two to get comparatively quiet...watch the pups romp in the yard, read a bit, eat a really nice meal, make a little music, curl up with Beloved and the pups and just enjoy the fact that we're all together, healthy, sheltered, fed. Ordinary miracles--when I get quiet enough to notice their abundance, it's impossible not to be incredibly grateful to be alive.

I hope that you're drenched in blessing today, too. :-)

5 comments:

Fran said...

I love that song!!!

And I love this post.

Thanks and I am so glad that you had such a good day with Beloved and the pups.

Peace my sister.

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

It sounds like a lovely day. I'm trying to get back to having sabbath Sundays too.

Diane Vogel Ferri said...

AMEN and thanks for the reminder.

Diane M. Roth said...

bummer. the video is no longer available. what a lovely Sunday afternoon you had.

Cecilia said...

Absolutely lovely. Thank you.

Pax, C.